The SP1ML-868 and SP1ML-915 are ultra-low power & fully integrated RF modules operating respectively in the 868 MHz SRD and 915 MHz ISM bands.
The SP1ML module is a compact-size module, integrating an on-board antenna with easy-to-use interface, allowing users to easily add wireless connectivity in designs without requiring in-depth RF experience, and has all necessary FCC modular approvals and CE compliance, reducing time-to-market.
These modules are based on the SPIRIT1 RF sub-GHz transceiver (with integrated SMPS), STM32L1 microcontroller, integrated filter/balun and chip antenna. The UART host interface allows simple connection to an external microcontroller with a standard firmware, allowing AT commands to facilitate RF configuration, data transmission and reception, using simple point-to-point communication. Selected STM32L1 GPIO and peripherals are available for interfacing to external devices in the user application. Advanced features of the SPIRIT1 radio are also accessible. The serial wire debug interface (SWD) is also available. The SP1ML can be used as an open platform, replacing the default firmware with its own application firmware.
The modules are CE compliant and FCC certified (FCC ID S9NSP1ML).
- Complete RF-ready SPIRIT1 module based on:
- SPIRIT1 low data rate, low power sub-GHz transceiver
- STM32L1 Ultra low power microcontroller at 32 MHz (16 kB RAM and 128 kB Flash)
- BALF-SPI-01D3 868/915 MHz balun with integrated harmonic filter
- Integrated antenna and crystal
- Compact size: 14 mm x 13.4 mm x 2.5 mm
- 863 to 870 MHz operation (SP1ML-868)
- 902 to 928 MHz operation (SP1ML-915)
- Operates from a single 1.8 V to 3.6 V supply
- Output power up to +11.6 dBm
- Data rates up to 500 kbps
- Modulation schemes: 2-FSK, GFSK, GMSK, OOK, and ASK
- Operating temperature: -40 °C to 85 °C
- UART interface with AT command set
- FCC and CE regulatory approvals