The SPBT3.0DP2 is an easy-to-use Bluetooth module that is compliant with Bluetooth v3.0. The module has among the smallest form factors available in a complete Class 2 RF platform. The SPBT3.0DP2 enables electronic devices with wireless connectivity, requiring no RF experience or expertise to integrate into the final product. As a certified solution, the SPBT3.0DP2 module optimizes time-to-market for end-applications. The module is designed for maximum performance in a minimal space including high speed UART and 8 general purpose I/O lines, and up to 1.5 Mbps transmission speed with SPP service active and 1 Mbps with iAP2 service active. Its optimized design allows the integration of a complete working Bluetooth modem, including antenna, in the smallest possible size.
Deep Sleep mode reduces power consumption when a Bluetooth connection is not established. The SPBT3.0DP2 is a surface-mount PCB module that provides fully embedded, ready-to-use Bluetooth wireless technology. The reprogrammable Flash memory contains embedded firmware for serial cable replacement using the Bluetooth SPP profile. Embedded Bluetooth data package (DP) firmware provides a user-friendly interface, offering simple control for cable replacement and enabling communication with most Bluetooth-enabled devices that support the SPP profile. The SPBT3.0DP2 supports the iAP2 profile, allowing communication with the newest Apple® iOS Bluetooth-enabled devices.
An Apple authentication IC is required to exchange data with an Apple device or access an Apple device application. The DP FW includes a Bluetooth iAP2 profile capable of recognizing the Apple authentication chip. Customers using the Apple authentication IC must register as developers to become an Apple certified MFi member. License fees may apply. For additional information, please visit the Apple developer website.
Certified MFi developers developing electronic accessories that connect to the iPod®, iPhone® and iPad®, gain access to technical documentation, hardware components, technical support and certification logos. Customized firmware for peripheral device interaction, power optimization, security, and other proprietary features may be supported and can be ordered pre-loaded and configured.
- Bluetooth radio
- Fully embedded Bluetooth® v3.0 with SPP and HID profiles
- Class 2 module
- Enhanced data rate (EDR) support
- Complete RF-ready module
- Embedded support for MFi iAP2 profile
- 128-bit encryption security
- Integrated antennaST Cortex-M4 microprocessor
- Up to 100 MHz
- 512 kB Flash
- 128 kB RAMSupports transmission speed with SPP up to 1.5 Mbit/s8 general-purpose I/OsUser interface
- AT command data package (DP)
- Firmware upgrade over UART
- ST Cortex-M4 microprocessor
- Supports transmission speed with SPP up to 1.5 Mbit/s
- 8 general-purpose I/Os
- User interface
- EU, FCC, IC and Bluetooth qualified
- Single voltage supply: 3.3 V typical
- Micro-sized form factor: 11.6 x 13.5 x 2.9 mm
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C
- RoHS compliance