WITTENSTEIN high integrity systems is a safety systems company that produces and supplies real time operating systems and platform solutions to the Medical, Aerospace, Transportation, and Industrial sectors, increasing application development efficiency whilst reducing risk through third party certification.
OPENRTOS® from WITTENSTEIN high integrity systems is the commercially supported and licensed version of the highly successful, free to download, FreeRTOS™, the most popular kernel available for embedded micro-controllers.
OPENRTOS® has minimal ROM, RAM and processing overhead. Typically an OPENRTOS® kernel binary image will be in the region of 4-to-9 Kbytes. OPENRTOS® is also very simple to use with the core of the RTOS kernel being contained in only 3 C source files.
OPENRTOS® is available integrated with USB, FAT and TCP/IP, providing a complete embedded platform with a fully commercial license.
OPENRTOS® is supplied as source code under a straightforward perpetual license with no runtime fees or royalties. Customers receive comprehensive documentation and our full support after delivery.
This product is supplied by a third party not affiliated to ST. For complete and latest information on the specification and the purchased parts package, refer to the third party’s website https://www.highintegritysystems.com
- Benefits of licensing OPENRTOS®:
- Removes the FreeRTOS modified GPL conditions
- Commercial indemnification including explicit exclusion of open source code
- Professional support
- Support for middleware through our CONNECT Middleware suite
- Supplied as source code, with demo project
- Small footprint, below 9 Kbytes ROM, 200 bytes of RAM (typical) on Cortex®-M
- Supports the complete STM32 processor family
- Compiler agnostic
- Preemptive scheduling option
- Co-operative scheduling option
- Easy to use message passing.
- Round robin with time slicing
- Mutexes with priority inheritance
- Recursive mutexes
- Binary and counting semaphores
- Very efficient software timer
- Easy to use API.