The ST1284-01A8 is a highly integrated termination for enhanced high speed parallel ports. The integrated termination complies to the IEEE1284 standard recommendations and government EMC compatibility requirements. It is built around two basic cells. The first one (cell 1) provides line termination, EMI filtering and ESD protection for the strobe and data lines while the second one (cell 2) provides EMI filtering and ESD protection for the control and status lines.
In addition, ST1284-01A8 provides extra protection against ESD. When tested according to IEC 61000-4-2, they withstand ±8 kV contact discharges and ±15 kV air discharges, thereby providing to the system the necessary robustness to meet up to level 4 of IEC 61000-4-2, without the need for additional ESD protection components.
- One device for parallel port termination
- Compliant with IEEE1284 standard
- EMI / RFI noise filtering
- Highly integrated solution in a 28 pin QSOP package
- One single device provides the proper termination for 8 data lines, 1 strobe line, 4 control lines and 4 status lines
- In system ESD protection of ±15 kV (air discharge) as per IEC 61000-4-2 level 4
- ECOPACK® 2 compliant component