The ST4485EB device is a ± 15 kV ESD protected, 3.3 V low power transceiver for RS-485 and RS-422 communications. The device contains one driver and one receiver in half duplex configuration.
The ST4485EB transmits and receives at a guaranteed data rate of at least 20 Mbps.
All transmitter outputs and receiver inputs are protected to ± 15 kV using “Human Body Model”.
The driver is short-circuit current limited and is protected against excessive power dissipation by thermal shutdown circuitry that places the driver outputs into a high-impedance state.
- ESD protection
- ± 15 kV human body model
- ± 8 kV IEC 1000-4-2 contact discharge
- Operate from a single 3.3 V supply - no charge pump required
- Interoperable with 5 V logic
- 1 μA low current shutdown mode max.
- Guaranteed 20 Mbps data rate
- -7 to 12 V common mode input voltage range
- Half duplex versions available
- Industry standard 75176 pinout
- Current limiting and thermal shutdown for driver overload protection
- Guaranteed high receiver output state for floating inputs with no signal present
- Allow up to 64 transceivers on the bus
- Wide operating temperature range: -40 to +105 °C