The I3G4250D is a low-power 3-axis angular rate sensor able to provide unprecedented stability at zero-rate level and sensitivity over temperature and time. It includes a sensing element and an IC interface capable of providing the measured angular rate to the application through a standard SPI digital interface. An I2C compatible interface is also available.
The sensing element is manufactured using a dedicated micromachining process developed by STMicroelectronics to produce inertial sensors and actuators on silicon wafers.
The IC interface is manufactured using a CMOS process that allows a high level of integration to design a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element.
The I3G4250D has a selectable full scale (±245/±500/±2000 dps) and is capable of measuring rates with a user-selectable bandwidth.
The I3G4250D is available in a plastic land grid array (LGA) package and can operate within a temperature range of -40 °C to +85 °C.
- Wide supply voltage: 2.4 V to 3.6 V
- Selectable full scale (245/500/2000 dps)
- I2 C/SPI digital output interface
- 16-bit rate value data output
- 8-bit temperature data output
- Two digital output lines (interrupt and data ready)
- Integrated low- and high-pass filters with user-selectable bandwidth
- Ultra-stable over temperature and time
- Low-voltage-compatible IOs (1.8 V)
- Embedded power-down and sleep mode
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded FIFO
- High shock survivability
- Extended operating temperature range (-40 °C to +85 °C)
- ECOPACK® , RoHS and “Green” compliant