The ST72104G, ST72215G, ST72216G and ST72254G devices are members of the ST7 microcontroller family. They can be grouped as follows:ST72254G devices are designed for mid-range applications with ADC and I2C interface capabilities.ST72215/6G devices target the same range of applications but without I2C interface.ST72104G devices are for applications that do not need ADC and I2C peripherals.
All devices are based on a common industry-standard 8-bit core, featuring an enhanced instruction set.
The ST72C104G, ST72C215G, ST72C216G and ST72C254G versions feature single-voltage FLASH memory with byte-by-byte In-Situ Programming (ISP) capability.
Under software control, all devices can be placed in WAIT, SLOW, or HALT mode, reducing power consumption when the application is in idle or stand-by state.
The enhanced instruction set and addressing modes of the ST7 offer both power and flexibility to software developers, enabling the design of highly efficient and compact application code. In addition to standard 8-bit data management, all ST7 microcontrollers feature true bit manipulation, 8x8 unsigned multiplication and indirect addressing modes.
For easy reference, all parametric data are located in Section 13 on page 96.
- 1 Analog peripheral8-bit ADC with 6 input channels(except on ST72104Gx)
- 2 Communications InterfacesSPI synchronous serial interfaceI2C multimaster interface(only on ST72254Gx)
- Development ToolsFull hardware/software development package
- Memories4K or 8K bytes Program memory (ROM and single voltage FLASH) with read-out protection and in-situ programming (remote ISP)256 bytes RAM
- Interrupt Management7 interrupt vectors plus TRAP and RESET22 external interrupt lines (on 2 vectors)
- Clock, Reset and Supply ManagementEnhanced reset systemEnhanced low voltage supply supervisor with3 programmable levelsClock sources: crystal/ceramic resonator oscillators or RC oscillators, external clock, backup Clock Security SystemClock-out capability3 Power Saving Modes: Halt, Wait and Slow
- 3 TimersConfigurable watchdog timerTwo 16-bit timers with: 2 input captures, 2 output compares, external clock input on one timer, PWM and Pulse generator modes(one only on ST72104Gx and ST72216G1)
- Instruction Set8-bit data manipulation63 basic instructions17 main addressing modes8 x 8 unsigned multiply instructionTrue bit manipulation
- 22 I/O Ports22 multifunctional bidirectional I/O lines14 alternate function lines8 high sink outputs