The ST72F32A and ST7232A devices are members of the ST7 microcontroller family designed for the 5V operating range.
The 32 and 44-pin devices are designed for mid-range applications.
All devices are based on a common industry-standard 8-bit core, featuring an enhanced instruction set and are available with FLASH or ROM program memory.
Under software control, all devices can be placed in WAIT, SLOW, ACTIVE-HALT or HALT mode, reducing power consumption when the application is in idle or stand-by state.
The enhanced instruction set and addressing modes of the ST7 offer both power and flexibility to software developers, enabling the design of highly efficient and compact application code. In addition to standard 8-bit data management, all ST7 microcontrollers feature true bit manipulation, 8x8 unsigned multiplication and indirect addressing modes.
- 1 Analog peripheral (low current coupling)10-bit ADC with up to 12 robust input ports
- 2 Communications InterfacesSPI synchronous serial interfaceSCI asynchronous serial interface
- Development ToolsFull hardware/software development packageIn-Circuit Testing capability
- Memories8K dual voltage High Density Flash (HDFlash) or ROM with read-out protection capability. In-Application Programming and In-Circuit Programming for HDFlash devices384 bytes RAMHDFlash endurance: 100 cycles, data retention: 40 years at 85˚C
- Interrupt ManagementNested interrupt controller14 interrupt vectors plus TRAP and RESET6 external interrupt lines (on 4 vectors)
- Clock, Reset And Supply ManagementClock sources: crystal/ceramic resonator oscillators and bypass for external clockPLL for 2x frequency multiplicationFour Power Saving Modes: Halt, Active-Halt, Wait and Slow
- 4TimersMain Clock Controller with: Real time base, Beep and Clock-out capabilitiesConfigurable watchdog timerTwo 16-bit Timers with: 2 input captures, 2 output compares, PWM and pulse generator modes
- Instruction Set8-bit Data Manipulation63 Basic Instructions17 main Addressing Modes8 x 8 Unsigned Multiply Instruction
- Up to 32 I/O Ports32/24 multifunctional bidirectional I/O lines22/17 alternate function lines12/10 high sink outputs