The ST7MCx device is member of the ST7 microcontroller family designed for mid-range applications with a Motor Control dedicated peripheral.
All devices are based on a common industry-standard 8-bit core, featuring an enhanced instruction set and are available with FLASH, ROM or FASTROM program memory.
Under software control, all devices can be placed in WAIT, SLOW, ACTIVE-HALT or HALT mode, reducing power consumption when the application is in idle or stand-by state.
The enhanced instruction set and addressing modes of the ST7 offer both power and flexibility to software developers, enabling the design of highly efficient and compact application code. In addition to standard 8-bit data management, all ST7 microcontrollers feature true bit manipulation, 8x8 unsigned multiplication and indirect addressing modes.
The devices feature an on-chip Debug Module (DM) to support in-circuit debugging (ICD). For a description of the DM registers, refer to the ST7 ICC Protocol Reference Manual.
- Instruction set8-bit Data Manipulation63 Basic Instructions with illegal opcode detection17 main Addressing Modes8 x 8 Unsigned Multiply InstructionTrue Bit Manipulation
- In-circuit Debug
- Development toolsFull hardware/software development package
- Brushless motor control peripheral6 high sink PWM output channels for sinewave or trapezoidal inverter control Motor safety including asynchronous emergency stop and write-once registers4 analog inputs for rotor position detection (sensorless/hall/tacho/encoder)Permanent magnet motor coprocessor including multiplier, programmable filters, blanking windows and event countersOperational amplifier and comparator for current/voltage mode regulation and limitation
- 2 Communication interfacesSPI synchronous serial interfaceLINSCI asynchronous serial interface
- Memories8K to 60K dual voltage FLASH Program memory or ROM with read-out protection capability, In-Application Programming and In-Circuit Programming.384 to 1.5K RAMHDFlash endurance: 100 cycles, data retention: 40 years at 85˚C
- Interrupt managementNested interrupt controller14 interrupt vectors plus TRAP and RESETMCES top level interrupt pin16 external interrupt lines (on 3 vectors)
- Clock, reset and supply managementEnhanced reset systemEnhanced low voltage supervisor (LVD) for main supply and auxiliary voltage detector (AVD) with interrupt capabilityClock sources: crystal/ceramic resonator oscillators and by-pass for external clock, clock security system.Four power saving modes: Halt, Active-Halt, Wait and Slow
- 5 TimersMain Clock Controller with: Real time base, Beep and Clock-out capabilitiesConfigurable window watchdog timerTwo 16-bit timers with: 2 input captures, 2 output compares, external clock input, PWM and pulse generator modes8-bit PWM Auto-Reload timer with: 2 input captures, 4 PWM outputs, output compare and time base interrupt, external clock with event detector
- Analog peripheral10-bit ADC with 16 input pins
- Up to 60 I/O portsup to 60 multifunctional bidirectional I/O linesup to 41 alternate function linesup to 12 high sink outputs