Designed for secure ID and banking applications, the SC31Z052 is a serial access microcontroller that incorporates the most recent generation of ARM processors for embedded secure systems. Its SecurCore® SC000™ 32-bit RISC core is built on the Cortex™ M0 core with additional security features to help to protect against advanced forms of attacks.
Cadenced at 28 MHz, the SC000™ core brings great performance and excellent code density thanks to the Thumb®-2 instruction set.
The SC31Z052 also offers a serial communication interface fully compatible with the ISO/IEC 7816-3 standard (T=0, T=1).
Two 16-bit general-purpose timers are available; one is configurable as a watchdog.
The SC31Z052 features hardware accelerators for advanced cryptographic functions. The AES accelerator provides a high-performance implementation of AES-128, AES-192, AES-256 algorithms. The 3-key Triple DES accelerator (EDES+) peripheral enables Cipher Block Chaining (CBC) mode, fast DES and triple DES computation based on three key registers and one data register, while the NESCRYPT crypto-processor efficiently supports the public key algorithm with native operations up to 4096 bits long.
The SC31Z family operates in the –25 to +85°C temperature range, at 1.8V, 3V and 5V supply voltage ranges in Contact mode. A comprehensive range of power-saving modes enables the design of efficient low-power applications.
- Hardware features
- ARM® SecurCore® SC000™ 32-bit RISC core
- 320 Kbytes of User ROM
- 8 Kbytes of User RAM
- 52 Kbytes of User EEPROM
- CPU clock frequency up to 28 MHz
- Power-saving Standby state
- Contact assignment compatible with ISO/IEC 7816-3 standards
- Asynchronous receiver transmitter (IART) for high speed serial data support (ISO/IEC 7816-3 T=0/T=1 and EMV compliant)
- ESD protection greater than 5 kV (HBM)
- Security features
- Three-key Triple DES accelerator
- AES accelerator
- NESCRYPT coprocessor for public key cryptography algorithm
- Protection against multiple attacks