Traceability is a tracking method that allows us to retrieve the individual history of any component and access complete information about every step in the supply chain. It is required by customers and international standards.
In ST, traceability allows us to quickly identify the source of any non-conformity, determine which parts or customers may be affected and take immediate containment and corrective actions to minimize the impact.
Forward traceability allows us to move from the point of origin of the root cause of an issue to identify all products affected.
Backward traceability enables us to take the product lot identification and move back in the process to assist in determining the point of origin of a problem and the extent of the root cause.
Traceability data from manufacturing sites, logistics and subcontractors is consolidated into a central database for full visibility at lot, wafer and die level, including direct materials for product packages, along with supplier and material lot identification.
The inner box label contains full traceability information, including
- Country of assembly
- Moisture sensitivity level as per the JEDEC standard J-STD-020
- Date of vacuum sealing of dry bag
- Peak package body temperature as per the JEDEC standard J-STD-020
- Lead-free category as per the JEDEC standard JESD96
- Product identification (ST part number)
- Bulk quantity
- Traceability code
- Bulk identification number
The inner box label guarantees that the products have been found fully compliant to manufacturer product specification and does therefore constitute a viable substitute for both
- Certificated of origin (country of assembly is indicated)
- Certificate of conformance
More Information and Contacts
For more information please contact your local sales representative or contact our technical support