FLI7540Freeman Ultra iDTV SoC, worldwide H.264/MPEG decoder + Faroudja video processing
The FLI7540 is a revolutionary new iDTV SoC that integrates two highly successful, market-proven subsystems: STi710x digital/front-end processing and multi-format audio/video decoding from the STB market, and Faroudja video/back-end processing from the TV market. The FLI7540 is a high-performance, state-of-the-art SoC that can power DTT/cable/satellite/IPTV iDTV designs for worldwide deployment. From the software compatibility extending from the mature STi710x STAPI layer to the extensive video processing, tuning, and tools from Faroudja Labs, the FLI7540 is the ideal solution for addressing the next generation of iDTV design requirements.
The FLI7540 is the first in a family of scalable in performance and software compatible SoCs that address mainstream and performance segments of the iDTV market.
The FLI7540 implements the latest generation of Faroudja Video Optimized technologies, which allow a high degree of customization for TV OEMs. Key technology improvements in this area include 14-bit color and contrast processing, upgraded sharpness, upgraded temporal noise reduction, and new MPEG noise reduction.
The FLI7540, with high performance CPU, A/V decode, graphics engine, and extensive network interface capability, enables TVs to deliver rich applications for convenient access to multimedia content, both from within the home, as well as from the web.
Along with a high performance, dedicated CPU for customer applications, the FLI7540 is equipped with 256 Kbyte of level 2 cache to deliver the smoothest experience of Internet TV applications. In addition, FLI7540 accelerates 3D graphics with an industry-leading GPU for OpenGL 2.0 and Flash 10 graphics and user interfaces.
ST's strong and extensive relationships with popular web and Internet TV service providers give TV OEMs a fast ramp-up to deliver compelling value-add content to the living room.
- Proven DVB-T/DVB-C demodulator
- ST231 @ 450 MHz for advanced HD video decoding (H.264/VC-1/MPEG2/…) --> Worldwide DTT broadcast video standards
- Dual ST231 @ 450 MHz for advanced multi-channel audio decoding (MPEG-1/2, MP3, WMA, Dolby® Digital/Dolby Digital+, AAC/AAC+/…) --> Worldwide DTT broadcast audio standards
- Dual ST40 CPU @ 450 MHz (delivers 1600 DMIPS) runs Linux and OS21 --> One CPU (800 DMIPS) fully dedicated to application and user interface
- 256 Kbyte level 2 cache --> High performance Internet TV applications
- Faroudja® video processing for Main Video --> Vivid picture quality for the consumer
- 14-bit Advanced Color Management (3D) and Contrast processing --> Ultimate video quality for OEMs and consumers
- Award-winning DCDi, MADi technologies --> Crystal-clear rendering on 1080p displays
- Worldwide analog audio demodulator
- Picture-in-Picture --> Flexible viewing
- High-performance 3D graphics engine --> Innovative GUI and OpenGL ES 2.0/OpenVG 1.1/Flash 10 applications
- Standalone 3DTV support 60L60R (frame-sequential) and 60 Hz (line-interleaved)
- Two physical graphics planes at up to 1080p/ 32 bpp --> Enables rich, easy-to-use user I/Fs
- Extensive analog A/V and digital HDMI (x4) inputs --> End-user convenience for legacy and future content source boxes
- DVR support on Flash/HDD --> Integration into DTV results in convenience and ease-of-use
- Extensive connectivity (dual USB host controller + dual PHY, Ethernet MAC) --> Play back content from anywhere (home or Internet)
- Advanced security features supporting embedded CA as well as CI/CI+ and DRM applications--> Copy protection support, including HDCP, AES/DES/TDES, Rovi™
- 48-bit (3 x 16 or 1 x 16 + 1 x 32) DDR2/DDR3 1066 Mbps DRAM I/F --> Performance and flexibility with DRAM ICs
- PCIe 1.1 bus --> Expansion available for wireless/HDD applications
- Dual high-speed 10-bit LVDS outputs --> Convenient connectivity to panel TCON
- Board Support Package (BSP) API accelerates time to market
DB1064: Freeman Ultra - iDTV SoC worldwide H.264/MPEG decoder + Faroudja video processing
Publications and Collaterals
Faroudja Video Optimized calibration program
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|FLI7540-EABA||Active||PBGA 956 35x35x2.3||Tray||-||No data reported, please contact our Distributors||Ecopack2||PDF|
|FLI7540-EHBA||Preview||PBGA 956 35x35x2.3||Tray||-||No data reported, please contact our Distributors||Ecopack2||-|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.