STiH223HD cable STB processor with integrated demodulator and low power standby controller
The STiH223 uses the latest process technology to provide a cost-effective, feature rich, highly integrated SoC for set-top boxes (STBs). It is targeted at the advanced decoding STB market across American and Asian cable networks that utilize the ITU-T J.83 annex B physical layer. It is suitable both for operator (with advanced security) and retail markets.
The STiH223 provides a solution for operators and manufacturers to specify a range of cost-effective, high performance STBs, including basic zappers, interactive STBs, and DVR STBs with content delivery possible using broadcast or broadband networks or both (hybrid STBs).
The STiH223 integrates a high performance cable receiver, supporting reception, channel demodulation, and forward error correction (FEC) and is fully compliant with the ITU-T J.83 annex B standard.
- ST40 applications CPU with 256 KB L2 cache
- 16-bit LMI supporting DDR2/DDR3
- Decoding of H264, MPEG2, VC-1 and AVS HD video streams
- 3DTV decoding and display compatible with HDMI 1.4a
- Extensive connectivity (2 × USB 2.0 ports; Ethernet MII/RMII/TMII port; SD/MMC card port; eSATA port; PCI-e)
- Secure boot from SLC NAND Flash or Serial NOR Flash; eMMC booting option
- Low-power process and architecture
- Integrated low power standby controller
- High-quality video resizing and de-interlacing
- Integrated Ethernet PHY
- Targets two layer PCBs for cost-effective zapper STB applications
- Integrates ITU-T J.83 annex B demodulation and FEC
DB1581: HD cable STB processor with integrated demodulator and low power standby controller
Related Tools and Software
Publications and Collaterals
STLinux software development environment
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|STIH223-1KB||Preview||FPBGA761||Tray||-||No data reported, please contact our Distributors||Ecopack2||PDF|
|STIH223-9KB||Preview||FPBGA761||Tray||-||No data reported, please contact our Distributors||Ecopack2||PDF|
|STIH223-BKB||Active||FPBGA761||Tray||-||No data reported, please contact our Distributors||Ecopack2||PDF|
|STIH223-MKB||Active||FPBGA761||Tray||-||No data reported, please contact our Distributors||Ecopack2||PDF|
|STIH223BRKB||Active||FPBGA761||Tray||-||No data reported, please contact our Distributors||Ecopack2||PDF|
|STIH223ZKB||Preview||FPBGA761||Tray||-||No data reported, please contact our Distributors||Ecopack2||PDF|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.