The STM32F401 microcontrollers are part of the STM32 Dynamic Efficiency™ device range. These devices offer the best balance of dynamic power consumption (in run mode) and processing performance, while integrating a high number of added-value features in packages as small as 3 x 3 mm.
The MCUs deliver the performance of Cortex®-M4 core with floating point unit, running at 84 MHz, while achieving outstandingly low power consumption values in run and stop modes.
- Performance: At 84 MHz, the STM32F401 delivers 105 DMIPS/285 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states using ST’s ART Accelerator. The DSP instructions and the floating point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
- Power efficiency: ST’s 90 nm process, ART Accelerator and the dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 128 µA/MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption can be as low as 9 µA.
- Integration: The STM32F401 portfolio provides from 128 to 512 Kbytes of Flash, 96 Kbytes of SRAM. The available packages range from 49 to 100 pins..
- 3x USARTs running at up to 10.5 Mbit/s,
- 4x SPI running at up to 42 Mbit/s,
- 3x I²C,
- 1x SDIO,
- 1x USB 2.0 OTG full speed,
- 2x full duplex I²S up to up to 32-bit/192KHz,
- 12-bit ADC reaching 2.4 MSPS,
- 10 timers, 16- and 32-bit, running at up to 84 MHz
STM32 Dynamic Efficiency
STM32 Dynamic Efficiency stands for the reduction of Power consumption in run mode with a simultaneous increase in Performance and Integration (P2I), and is achieved with the following technologies:
Experience Dynamic Efficiency now with the STM32F401 product line.