Secure SIM devices are at the heart of user authentication within 2G, 3G and 4G (LTE) -compliant mobile communications. Secure SIMs with embedded Flash program memory provide a flexible and powerful platform enabling customers to address the (U)SIM market with reduced risk and development cost.
In addition, with the growth of connected things, more and more objects, devices, machines, and automotive systems are being connected and communicate through cellular networks.
M2M applications can be addressed either with the ST32 Standard M2M platform or the ST33 Secure M2M platform, depending on the level of security required by the application.
The ST32 Standard M2M platform is:
• based on a 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M3 core,
• available with Flash memory sizes from 256 to 512 Kbytes,
and is specifically designed to:
• meet the requirements of an embedded SIM for cellular applications.
The ST33 Secure M2M platform, based on the ST33G1M2A secure MCU, is:
• based on a 32-bit ARM® SecurCore® SC300™ RISC core,
• available with Flash memory sizes up to 1280 Kbytes,
and, as an embedded GSMA-compliant Secure Element, is specifically designed to:
• enable authentication between subsystems, data encryption and key generation,
• ensure secured data storage,
• provide platform integrity,
• allow remote provisioning and management of M2M connections,
• provide a root of trust for preventing attacks on vehicle ECUs and gateways.