ST offers specific USB port dataline and VBUS protection devices in a single package, covering the full range of USB devices. These protection devices are suitable for all USB lines including use in consumer (cell phones, smartphones, notebooks), industrial, and medical applications.
- Availability of all USB speed/versions such as USB2.0, USB3.0 and the µUSB universal port
- Compatibility with VBUS up to 32 V
- Compatibility with universal USB
Cost and service performance is guaranteed due to ST’s high-volume production capacity, integrated front-end and multiple back-end lines, as well as partnerships with major subcontractors.
6 complete protection and filtering solutions for USB Type-C cables and connectors
ST offers a complete range of solutions to protect and filter USB Type-C power lines and datalines:
• 6 examples of solutions to fully protect USB Type-C connections and reduce noise that de-senses Wi-Fi
and other RF systems.
• Alternate Mode supports many protocols in addition to USB and requires protection and filtering devices
to optimize signal integrity and clamping voltages, while ensuring deep rejection over a large spectrum.
• USB Power Delivery increases the power capability of Type-C connectors, again pushing the limits of
miniaturization of TVS or EOS protection devices.