A21SP163 W filter-free class-D audio power amplifier
The A21SP16 is a differential class-D BTL power amplifier. It is able to drive up to 2.3 W into a 4 Ω load and 1.4 W into a 8 Ω load at 5 V. It achieves outstanding efficiency (88% typ.) compared to classical Class-AB audio amps.
The gain of the device can be controlled via two external gain-setting resistors. Pop & click reduction circuitry provides low on/off switch noise while allowing the device to start within 5 ms. A standby function (active low) allows the reduction of current consumption to 10 nA typ.
- Operating from VCC = 2.4 V to 5.5 V
- Standby mode active low
- Output power: 3 W into 4 Ω and 1.75 W into 8 Ω with 10% THD+N max and 5 V power supply
- Output power: 2.3 W @ 5 V or 0.75 W @ 3 V into 4 Ω with 1% THD+N max
- Output power: 1.4 W @ 5 V or 0.45 W @ 3 V into 8 Ω with 1% THD+N max
- Adjustable gain via external resistors
- Low current consumption 2 mA @ 3 V
- Efficiency: 88% typ.
- Signal to noise ratio: 85 dB typ.
- PSRR: 63 dB typ. @ 217 Hz with 6 dB gain
- PWM base frequency: 250 kHz
- Low pop & click noise
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Available in flip-chip 9 x 300 μm (Pb-free)
DS10233: 3 W filter-free class-D audio power amplifier
Presentations & Training Material
ST offering in Wearable - Analog and Mixed Signal Portfolio
Publications and Collaterals
ST’s solutions for mobile devices
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Operating Temperature (min)||Operating Temperature (max)||Automotive Grade||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|A21SP16J||Active||Chip Scale Package 0.5mm pitch||Tape And Reel||_||.4|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.