ST’s HDMI series provides fully-integrated ESD protection and signal conditioning for HDMI 2.0 source and sink interfaces.
This series features:
- CEC, DDC, HEAC, 5 V, and HPD 8 kV contact ESD protection
- Integrated I²C bidirectional reshaping and level shifter
- Supports direct connection to low-voltage HDMI ASICs
- Short-circuit and over-temperature protection on 5 V output
- Drive support long or poor-quality HDMI cables
- Optimized power consumption in standby mode and wake-up via CEC
New HDMI 2.0 IPAD series for today’s fastest Ultra-HD data rates
Designing-in one of ST’s new HDMI2C1 series devices can save up to 80% of pc-board space compared to a solution using discrete protection components. The proven protection helps accelerate time to market for fast-moving consumer products such as Ultra-HD set-top boxes and Blu-ray players. HDMI2C1 pin assignments are optimized to enable use with single- or two-layer boards. HDMI2C1 series – with HDMI2C1-14HD, HDMI2C1-14HDS and HDMI2C1-6C1 – is dedicated to HDMI source interfaces, and HDMI2C2-14HD to sink interfaces. All are IEC 61000-4-2 compliant, up to 8kV contact discharge.