The VIPerPlus series of high-voltage converters combines a 800 V avalanche-rugged MOSFET with a leading-edge PWM controller. With extremely low total standby consumption (less than 30 mW at 265 VAC) and high efficiency over a wide load range, VIPerPlus devices enable SMPS designs meeting the most demanding energy saving regulations with enhanced reliability and scalability, and component count halved.
- The VIPerPlus*5 line provides the highest efficiency using a quasi-resonant topology.
- The VIPerPlus*6 line integrates a full set of smart features to meet the most advanced SMPS requirements, reducing the part count.
- The VIPerPlus*7 line features brown out and overvoltage protection for improved reliability.
- The VIPerPlus*8 line offers peak power capability to sustain 1 to 2 second overloads for enhanced robustness.
A plus in reliability
800 V avalanche-rugged power MOSFET, thermal shutdown, soft start, short circuit protection, auto-restart
A plus in efficiency
High efficiency over a wide range load and best-in-class in standby with less than 30 mW at 265VAC
A plus in integration
Direct feedback, jittered switching frequency for low EMC, embedded HV start-up, embedded SenseFET MOSFET, clamp-less design
A plus in versatility
Power scalability from a few watts up to 20 W, no aux winding, through hole or SMD packages, supporting all SMPS topologies
New VIPer35 quasi-resonant converter for 15 W SMPS
Introducing the VIPer35 high-voltage converter with quasi-resonant current mode PWM control that reduces switching losses, EMI level and external component count. To ensure high efficiency over a wide range of loads, the VIPer35 operates in Burst mode with light loads while an extensive set of protections – including brown-out, output overvoltage, short circuit and thermal shutdown with hysteresis – enables designs with enhanced robustness and reliability. Available with two switching frequency limit options (VIPer35L for 136 kHz and VIPer35H with 225 kHz) is the ideal choice for:
- Auxiliary power supplies
- Adapters/chargers for camcorders, shavers, or tablets
- Main power supplies for home appliances, STB, or industrial equipment
New VIPer0P with unique zero-power mode
Introducing the VIPer0P high-voltage converter with jittered fixed-frequency current-mode PWM control for simplified EMI compliance and zero-power mode (ZPM) with an astounding < 4 mW (at 230 VAC) consumption. VIPer0P can enter and exit ZPM when the low voltage input/output pins (OFF or ON) are pulled to ground so a small and inexpensive safety extreme low voltage (SELV) switch can replace the bulky mains switch. The VIPer0P embeds a set of protections – including over-current protection (OCP), VCC clamp, maximum duty cycle and flux runaway – to enable a more robust and safer SMPS design.
The VIPer0p is ideal for all SMPS up to 7 W having a wide input voltage range including:
- Home appliances compliant with EuP Lot6 energy regulation
- Industrial equipment or digital consumer goods
Explore all the key benefits of the VIPer0P high-voltage converter with unique zero-power mode with the STEVAL-ISA174V1 non-isolated, flyback 6 W SMPS evaluation board.