ST’s monolithic switching regulators offer input-voltage capability up to 55 V, deliver output currents up to 4 A, with high switching frequency.
This broad portfolio of ICs is composed of highly-specialized products to meet every market requirement: HV technology, together with high reliability and robustness for industrial and automotive applications, compactness, high efficiency at any load and a high level of performance for consumer and computer products.
These devices embed a full set of protection functions (overcurrent, overvoltage, over-temperature) to increase the MTBF and reduce the number of external components.
There are multiple package options, all offering compactness and high thermal performances to fit different applications.
Large selection of step-down DC-DC regulators with synchronous rectification
In the quest for higher efficiency and compact form factor in their DC-DC supply designs, engineers now have few more allies: the L6985F, L6986F and L6986 step-downs DC-DC regulators with synchronous rectification for and output current of 0.5A, 1,5A and 2A respectively.
Based on a peak current mode architecture with a P-channel power MOSFET, they provide a selectable low-consumption-mode (LCM burst mode), when efficiency at all load conditions is paramount, and low-noise-mode (LNM with fixed PWM switching frequency) for noise-sensitive designs.
They all feature:
- 4 V to 38 V input voltage (VIN ) and output voltage adjustable from 0.85 V up-to VIN
- Quiescent current as low as 30 μA at light load and 8 μA at shut down
- Adjustable switching frequency (up to 2 MHz)
- Embedded output voltage supervisor, synchronization and output voltage sequencing
- On-chip current limiting, over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown and adjustable soft-start time