ST’s STPM01/STPM10 energy metrology ICs incorporate all core circuitry required to implement high-accuracy meters for smart metering, industrial and residential electricity meters, white-goods energy metering, smart plugs, server meters, power supply meters, and many others.
These devices are designed for effective measurement of active, reactive and apparent energy in a power-line system using current transformer, shunt and Rogowski coil sensors.
Very simple and low-cost metering applications are addressed by the STPM11/12/13/14 that perform only active power measurement.
- Active, reactive, and apparent energy measurement
- RMS current, voltage and instantaneous measurement
- Frequency measurement
- Ripple-free active energy pulsed output
- Line and neutral current monitoring for tamper detection
- Fast and simple one-point digital calibration over the whole current range
- Integrated linear voltage regulators for digital and analog supply
- Selectable RC or crystal oscillator
- Supports 50/60 Hz, IEC 62052-11, IEC 62053-2x specifications
- Less than 0.1% error in the 1000:1 range
- Precision voltage reference: 1.23 V with 30 ppm/°C max
- OTP for calibration and configuration