ST’s dedicated airbag and passive safety devices are leading-edge solutions in terms of reliability, safety requirements and flexibility.
Our airbag device portfolio includes:
- Single-chip solutions with 4 to 12 loops
- Distributed function devices such as 4-loop and 8-loop squib drivers
- Power supply chips covering all the voltage rails and interfaces needed in an airbag system
- Sensor communication transceivers
ST supplies products to all of the biggest airbag system suppliers in the world, having designed dedicated solutions for all of them, ranging from low-end applications, suitable for emerging markets, up to premium solutions where flexibility, scalability and ISO-26262 functional safety requirements are key factors.
ST’s complete airbag electronics solution
Airbag system producers can now satisfy the complete system functional requirements by teaming:
* a choice of three airbag system ICs, the L9678, L9679, and L9680 meeting the demands of applications ranging from entry or mid-level to high-end vehicles with multiple airbag firing loops. These devices, which integrate system power management, sensor interfaces, switch interfaces, and arming safety logic, are responsible for decoding the sensor data and forwarding results to the microcontroller.
* the new AIS1120SX or AIS2120SX central crash sensors with peripheral accelerometers like ST’s AIS1200PS installed on structures such as bumpers and door pillars.
* the ST’s SPC5 32-bit Power Architecture® MCUs, includes Safety Lines devices.
SPC56 P-Line and SPC56 L-Line are dedicated to the specific needs of chassis and safety applications, with specific focus on functional safety up to turnkey SIL3/ASILD solution based on HW measures. The unique modularity and scalability of the architecture provides compatible devices covering the wide range of airbag solutions.