STEVAL-IHM029V12000 W universal motor control demonstration board based on the STM8S103F2 MCU and T1235H Triac
The STEVAL-IHM029V1 is a low-cost universal motor control demonstration board designed for the home appliance market, with particular focus on vacuum cleaners, food processors and power tools.
This system features the 20-pin, 8-bit STM8S103F2 microcontroller running at 16 MHz (RC user-trimmable internal RC clock), featuring 4 KB of Flash memory, a 10-bit A/D converter, 8/16 bit timers, communication interfaces and 640 bytes E2PROM.
The power supply circuitry is based on the VIPer16L, an off-line converter with an 800 V avalanche-rugged power section, operating at 60 kHz.
The STEVAL-IHM029V1 can control any universal motor up to 2000 W, thanks to the T1235H, a 12 A 600 V high temperature Triac. The motor control is based on phase-angle.
In order to limit the in-rush current and possible current peaks, the demonstration board features a soft-start routine and a smooth power change function.
The board passed the pre-compliance tests for EMC directives IEC 61000-4-4 (burst up to 8 kV) and IEC 61000-4-5 (surge up to 2 kV).
In standby mode, the STEVAL-IHM029V1 has an overall standby power consumption below 300 mW.
- Input voltage range: 90-265 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- 12 VDC / 5 VDC auxiliary power supply based on the VIPer16L in buck converter topology
- Total power consumption below 300 mW in standby mode
- Maximum output power: 2000 W
- 20-pin, 8-bit STM8S103F2 MCU as main controller
- Employs zero-voltage switching (ZVS) to synchronize MCU events with the voltage mains
- Motor driven by T1235H high-temperature Triac in phase-angle control
- 5 power levels and standby mode selectable by potentiometer
- 5 LEDs to display the power level of the board
- “RUN” LED to indicate the board is functioning
- Standard in-circuit programming connector
- IEC 61000-4-4 pre-compliance test passed (burst up to 8 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-5 pre-compliance test passed (surge up to 2 kV)
- RoHS compliant
DB0994: 2000 W universal motor control demonstration board based on the STM8S103F2 MCU and T1235H Triac
UM0922: STEVAL-IHM029V1: 2000 W universal motor control based on the STM8S103F2
Board Manufacturing Specification
Gerber files for STEVAL-IHM029V1
Bill of Materials
Bill of materials for STEVAL-IHM029V1
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Core Product||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|STEVAL-IHM029V1||NRND||T1235H, VIPER16, STTH1R06||101.67|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.