With STM32Cube, STMicroelectronics provides a comprehensive software tool, significantly reducing development efforts, time and cost.
STM32Cube consists of:
The STM32CubeMX, featuring
- Configuration C code generation for pin multiplexing, clock tree, peripherals and middleware setup with graphical wizards
- Generation of IDE ready projects for a integrated development environment tool chains
- Power consumption calculation for a user-defined application sequence (available for F2, F4, L0 and L1 series of STM32)
- Direct import of STM32 Cube embedded software libraries from st.com
- Integrated updater to keep STM32CubeMX up-to-date
STM32Cube embedded software libraries, including:
- The HAL hardware abstraction layer, enabling portability between different STM32 devices via standardized API calls
- A collection of Middleware components, like RTOS, USB library, file system, TCP/IP stack or Graphic Library (depending on the MCU series)
All packages come with a large number of examples and demonstration code, ready to be used with a wide range of development environments including IAR EWARM, Keil MDK or GCC-based IDEs.