STMicroelectronics’ Innovation Night Recognizes Successful Cooperation with French Start-ups and SMEs
The following companies, which represent the geographic and industrial diversity of France’s innovation clusters, were distinguished for their collaboration with ST:
- Actia (HQ: Toulouse; CEO: Christian Desmoulins) specialises in designing, manufacturing and diagnostics for embedded systems in small to medium production run vehicles. Its automotive equipment includes a broad range of ST power control and automotive components, such as VIPower, microcontrollers, and MOS transistors.
- Gys (HQ: Laval; CEO: Bruno Bouygues) is a family-owned manufacturing group that engineers, designs and sells arc welding, collision repair and automotive-battery equipment. Its welding machines use ST microcontrollers as well as a large number of power management and industrial control components like IGBT drivers, MOS transistors, and Schottky diodes.
- HAPILABS (HQ: Hong Kong; CEO: Fabrice Boutain) helps individuals in the 21st century take control of their HAPIness, health and fitness through applications and mobile connected devices. The HAPIfork, which helps consumers monitor and track their eating habits, uses an ST accelerometer and a magnetometer module, as well as an STM32 microcontroller.
- IS2T (HQ: Nantes; CEO: Fred Rivard) is a software editor providing innovative solutions for designing embedded software applications. IS2T runs Java on ST’s STM32F4 secure microcontroller family for applications in smart home products.
- NetAtmo (HQ: Paris; CEO: Fred Potter) designs and manufactures products that monitor the weather and environment. It was awarded three Design and Engineering Awards at CES 2013 for its Urban Weather Station, which uses ST’s STM32 microcontrollers, MEMS microphones and pressure sensors.
- TazTag (HQ: Rennes; R&D Director: Ismail Sabry) provides secure contactless technology combined with biometric user authentication. It offers a complete range of mobile devices enabling access to both payment and non-payment secure services in different environments. ST provides the NFC (Near Field Communication) chip and secure element on which biometric data, personal data and applications are stored.
- WyPlay (HQ: Marseille; CEO: Jacques Bourgnignaud) creates home-media software solutions for leading pay TV operators, which are supported by the whole range of set-top-box chips developed by ST.
These French companies, whether they are start-ups or more established SMEs with a history of collaboration with ST, are the very best example of the pervasion of ST components and technology in our everyday life. ST is proud to help them create great, innovative products and grow their business globally,” said Paul Grimme, Executive Vice President and General Manager Sales & Marketing for the EMEA region, STMicroelectronics.
To find out more information about the companies recognized at ST’s 2013 “Innovation Night”:Actia: www.actia.com
ST is a global leader in the semiconductor market serving customers across the spectrum of sense and power technologies and multimedia convergence applications. From energy management and savings to trust and data security, from healthcare and wellness to smart consumer devices, in the home, car and office, at work and at play, ST is found everywhere microelectronics make a positive and innovative contribution to people's life. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
In 2012, the Company’s net revenues were $8.49 billion. Further information on ST can be found at www.st.com.