STM32 F4 series of high-performance MCUs with DSP and FPU instructions
The ARM® Cortex®-M4-based STM32 F4 series MCUs leverage ST’s NVM technology and ST’s ART Accelerator™ to reach the industry’s highest benchmark scores for Cortex-M-based microcontrollers with up to 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark executing from Flash memory at up to 180 MHz operating frequency.
With dynamic power scaling, the current consumption running from Flash ranges from 100 µA/MHz on the STM32F411 up to 260 µA/MHz on the STM32F439.
The STM32 F4 series consists of seven compatible product lines of digital signal controllers (DSC), a perfect symbiosis of the real-time control capabilities of an MCU and the signal processing performance of a DSP:
- STM32F401 – 84 MHz CPU/105 DMIPS, the smallest, cost-effective solution with outstanding power efficiency (Dynamic Efficiency Line)
- STM32F411 – 100 MHz CPU/125 DMIPS, outstanding power efficiency with large SRAM and new smart DMA optimizing power consumption for data batching (Dynamic Efficiency Line with Batch Acquisition Mode)
- STM32F446 – 180 MHz/225 DMIPS, up to 512 Kbytes of flash with dual Quad SPI and SDRAM interfaces
- STM32F405/415 – 168 MHz CPU/210 DMIPS, up to 1 Mbyte of Flash with advanced connectivity and encryption
- STM32F407/417 – 168 MHz CPU/210 DMIPS, up to 1 Mbyte of Flash adding Ethernet MAC and camera interface
- STM32F427/437 – 180 MHz CPU/225 DMIPS, up to 2 Mbytes of dual-bank Flash with SDRAM interface,
Chrom-ART Accelerator™, serial audio interface, more performance and lower static power consumption
- STM32F429/439 – 180 MHz CPU/225 DMIPS, up to 2 Mbytes of dual-bank flash adding an LCD-TFT controller
STM32F469/F479 – enabling integrated IOT and wearable applications with advanced graphic user interface
The new STM32F469/479 product lines deliver high performance capability coupled with large memory resources and advanced graphic features enabling rich Internet of things and wearable application.
· 180 MHz/225 DMIPS, FPU and DSP capabilities
· 2 Mbytes of internal Flash and 384 Kbytes of internal RAM
· Chrom-ART accelerator for more animation and graphic effects
· World first MCU embedding MIPI-Display Serial Interface controller
· TFT-LCD and parallel display interfaces
· Extended connectivity including memory extensions, Ethernet, USB, SD/MMC and camera interfaces
The integrated MIPI-DSI controller opens the door to the most modern displays coming with higher pixel density, fewer pins, lower EMI and lower power consumption