ST’s VIPerPlus series of high-voltage converters combine 800 V avalanche-rugged MOSFET with state-of-the-art PWM circuitry. The result is truly innovative AC-DC conversion that is efficient, simpler, quicker and, with component count halved, less expensive.
In addition to benefits such as optimized current-mode control and comprehensive built-in protection circuits, the VIPerPlus family represents the easiest solution to comply with the Blue Angel and Energy Star eco norms, with extremely low total power consumption from the mains when the system is in standby mode.
- Ultra-low power-supply consumption: 30 mW standby at 265 V
- High robustness and reliability guaranteed by the 800 V MOSFET plus embedded failure protection functions
Reduced overall system cost through:
- Simple design with minimized total component count
- Jittering feature that reduces EMI filter cost
- Compliancy with Blue Angel and Energy Star eco norms and 2002/95/EC European directive
- Support to the most popular SMPS topologies: flyback (isolated and non-isolated output, primary regulation), buck converter and buck boost converter.