STM8 Training Courses
This course introduces the STM8 microcontroller family from bottom to top, including the STM8S and STM8L devices. It starts with a detailed description of the STM8 core, memory organization, reset block, interrupts, low-power modes, watchdog and low-level programming protocol - SWIM. It continues with a detailed description of the STM8S and STM8L peripherals: IO ports, ADC, timers, SPI, SCI, I²C, CAN, LCD, RTC and DAC. All theoretical presentations are combined with practical hands-on examples. Part of the training also focuses on the software and hardware development tools.
What are the benefits for you?
You will familiarize yourself with the STM8 core, peripherals and development tools. You will be able to start a new project and use the development tools. You will be able to present the STM8 MCU with all its technical features (for FAE’s mainly):
- STM8S/L architecture (core, memory, reset, SWIM)
- STM8S/L peripherals (IO, timers, ADC, SPI, SCI, I2C, CAN, LCD, RTC, DAC)
- SW toolchain (STVD, cosmic, raisonance)
- HW toolchain (in-circuit debuggers, emulators)
- Hands-on exercises (practical examples)
General notes about European MCU courses:
ST offers free multiday training courses for our microcontroller products at locations accross continental Europe. Our training team would be pleased to share their expertise on our MCU products and application development techniques with you.
In addition, we also host MCU training courses together with our Training Partners.
Session Details, Location and Registration
- Technical English, basics of MCU programming, PC with USB and admin rights
Duration: 3 days
All sessions are thorough technical courses intended for:
SW and HW engineers of embedded systems
Distributor field application engineers (ST sessions only)
Additional courses on customers' or other ST sites are possible upon request. Please contact us or our partners for availability and conditions.
August 20-22, 2013
Building, Pobrezni 3
186 00 Prague 8
If you want us to book a hotel room for you, please give the check in/out dates and selected hotel to your ST contact or send them to email@example.com
A few tips before attending
- ST's training courses may be cancelled if there are not at least 8 attendees. For this reason, you should not book tickets or rooms unless you have received a confirmation e-mail from us, which will be sent about 4 weeks before the start of the course.
- For residents outside of Europe who need an entry visa, please contact us at least 4 weeks before the course.
- ST's training courses are free of charge and include free lunch and collations at ST's premises.
Accommodation and other expenses are at your charge. For partner courses, fees and costs vary and you should consult the details of each partner course.
- The distributor FAE MCU certification test is open and available after every microcontroller training course from ST.
For registration to ST sessions please contact your ST or distribution contact person or contact us directly.