ST23YR18ST23 Dual Interface Secure MCU with 18 KBytes of EEPROM, enhanced security and Nescrypt cryptoprocessor, Rf Type B, B'
The ST23YR18 product is a serial access microcontroller specially designed for secure smartcard applications.
It is based on an enhanced STMicroelectronics 8/16-bit CPU core offering 16 Mbytes linear addressing space. It is manufactured using an advanced highly reliable ST CMOS EEPROM technology.
An RF Interface including an RF universal asynchronous receiver transmitter (RF UART) enables contactless communication up to 848 Kbits/s compatible with the ISO 14443-B standard and also enables Innovatron (type B’) communication.
Moreover, an ISO 7816-3 EMV-compliant asynchronous receiver transmitter (IART) communication peripheral is available.
- Hardware features
- Enhanced 8/16-bit ST23 CPU core with 16 Mbytes linear addressable memory
- 230 Kbytes User ROM
- 4 Kbytes User RAM
- 2 Kbytes NESCRYPT RAM
- 18 Kbytes User EEPROM including 128 bytes User OTP area:
- 30-year data retention
- 500,000 Erase/Write cycles endurance typical at 25° C
- 1 to 64 Bytes Erase or Program in 2 ms
- Enhanced NESCRYPT crypto-processor for public key cryptography
- Three 8-bit timers with watchdog and interrupt capability
- 3V and 5V supply voltage ranges
- External clock frequency up to 10 MHz
- High performance provided by:
- CPU clock frequency up to 29 MHz
- Adjustable clocks for better granularity
- Power-saving Standby state
- Contact assignment compatible ISO 7816-3
- Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter (IART) for high speed serial data support (ISO 7816-3 and EMV™ compliant)
- ESD protection greater than 6 kV (HBM) for contact pads and 5 kV for contactless pads
- Contactless features
- Complies with ISO 14443 type B, Innovatron (type B’) and PayPass™ standards
- 13.56 MHz carrier frequency
- RF frame up to 512 bytes
- RFUART (RF universal asynchronous receiver transmitter) up to 848 Kbits/s
- 0.5 Kbytes dedicated RFUART RAM
- BPSK - NRZ load modulation (card-to-reader)
- 8 to 14% amplitude modulation reception (reader to card) as minimum range
- Enhanced RF performance provided by CPU clock frequency up to 29 MHz coupled with clock frequency divider
- Security features
- Active shield
- Monitoring of environmental parameters
- Protection mechanisms against faults
- AIS-31 class P2 compliant true randomnumber generator (TRNG)
- ISO 3309 CRC calculation block
- Memory protection unit (MPU)
- Unique serial number on each die
- Development environment
- Interface with RF readers supported through a library of embedded software functions compatible with ISO/IEC 14443 standards.
- Software development and firmware generation are supported by a comprehensive set of development tools dedicated to software design and validation:
- C compiler, simulator and emulator
- EMVCo banking and transport
DB0753: Dual contactless smartcard MCU with 18 Kbytes EEPROM, enhanced security, cryptoprocessor and optimized RF performance
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Automotive Grade||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|ST23YR18||Active||_||-||No availability reported, please contact our Sales office||N/A||-|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.