STLUXTM turns on your innovative ideas
STLUXTM digital controllers are the world’s first programmable controllers specifically optimized for lighting applications.
The innovative SMED (state machine, event-driven) digital technology and the integrated microcontroller make STLUXTM easily programmable and versatile. It can be configured with application-specific algorithms to optimize the overall system efficiency, enabling high-performance and cost-effective lighting design.
The first member of the family, STLUX385A, also integrates DALI (digital addressable lighting interface) for remote control and monitoring.
Features and benefits
- 6 SMED-controlled PWMs providing full control of any power conversion stage
- Integrated DALI enabling control, communication and monitoring functions
- Integrated digital core making STLUX easy to use and programmable
- New customizable and load-tailored algorithms ensuring very high efficiency
- Fault detector improving reliability
- Single-chip solution saving space when compared to discrete solutions
What is SMED?
SMED is a hardware state machine triggered by internal or external events. It is designed to replace and extend the functionalities of traditional analog architecture. In power-supply applications, for example, a SMED can close the regulation loop and automatically switch off the circuit when it detects an overcurrent or a short circuit, so protecting the circuit. Since SMEDs are embedded, they guarantee an event reaction time shorter than that provided by standard interrupt-driven microprocessors.