L6360Fast Dual I/O Interface IC
The L6360 is a monolithic IO-Link master port compliant with PHY2 (3 wires) supporting COM1 (4.8 kbaud), COM2 (38.4 kbaud) and COM3 (230.4 kbaud) modes.
The C/QOoutput stage is programmable: high-side, low-side or push-pull; also cutoff current, cutoff current delay time, and restart delay are programmable.
Cutoff current and cutoff current delay time, combined with thermal shutdown and automatic restart protect the device against overload and short-circuit.
C/QOand L+ output stages are able to drive resistive, inductive and capacitive loads. Inductive loads up to 10 mJ can be driven.
Supply voltage is monitored and low voltage conditions are detected.
The L6360 transfers, through the PHY2(C/QOpin), data received from a host microcontroller through the USART (IN C/QOpin), or to the USART (OUT C/QIpin) data received from PHY2 (C/QIpin).
To enable full IC control, configuration and monitoring (i.e. fault conditions stored in the status register), the communication between the system microcontroller and the L6360 is based on a Fast mode 2-wire I2C.
The L6360 has nine registers to manage the programmable parameters and the status of the IC.
Monitored fault conditions are: L+ line, overtemperature, C/Q overload, linear regulator undervoltage, and parity check.
Internal LED driver circuitries, in open drain configuration, provide two programmable sequences to drive two LEDs.
- Supply voltage from 18 to 32.5 V
- Programmable output stages: high-side, low-side or push-pull (< 2 Ω)
- Up to 500 mA L+ protected high-side driver
- Supports COM1, COM2 and COM3 mode
- Additional IEC61131-2 type-1 input
- Short-circuit and overcurrent output protection through current limitation and programmable cutoff current
- 3.3 V / 5 V, 50 mA linear regulator
- 5 mA IO-Link digital input
- Fast mode I2C for IC control, configuration and diagnostic
- Diagnostic dual LED sequence generator and driver
- 5 V and 3.3 V compatible I/Os
- Overvoltage protection (> 36 V)
- Overtemperature protection
- ESD protection
- Miniaturized: VFQFPN-26L3.5 x 5 x 1 mm package
DS8900: IO-Link communication master transceiver IC
AN4075: STEVAL-IFP016V2 IO-Link communication master transceiver demonstration board
Publications and Collaterals
L636x I/O transceivers - flyer
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Automotive Grade||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|L6360||Active||VFDFPN 26 3.5x5||Tray||_||-||1.791|
|L6360TR||Active||VFDFPN 26 3.5x5||Tape And Reel||_||1.897|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.