ST offers a complete class-AB product portfolio. As well as standard class-AB power amplifiers, ST proposes audio amplifiers in class SB (Single-ended Bridge) and SB-I (SB improved). As a result of their high efficiency, these classes reduce power dissipation by up to 50% compared to standard class AB, simplifying thermal management in current power sets. Moreover, ST has introduced a digital input to offer a clean sound, immune to external interferences. Amplifiers can now be directly connected to the DSP output without any signal conversion. ST also proposes amplifiers that are compatible with start-stop and hybrid engines.
ST's class-AB automotive audio amps offer:
- Clean, powerful audio
- A wide portfolio, single-channel devices to powerful quad-channel single-chip devices
- Robust designs with integrated protection against short circuits, ESD, load dumping, over-temperature
- Ability to drive very low impedance speakers (as low as 1 ohm)
- Products compliant with new stop-start engine and hybrid engine standards
- Optional I²C interface and diagnostics
- Optional digital input
- Optional augmented efficiency
ST makes class AB audio the prime choice with a new digital input power amplifier
The TDA7802 is the first automotive-qualified, start-stop compliant, analog power amplifier with digital input. It combines the simplicity and cost effectiveness of class AB amplifiers with the sound quality of a digital stream and an efficiency previously unattainable by analog amplifiers. Compared to standard class AB amplifiers, it reduces power dissipation by up to 50%, meeting the standards of car makers for start-stop systems and hybrid vehicles. The TDA7802 is a 4-channel power amplifier with integrated diagnostic features.