STBP120Overvoltage protection device with thermal shutdown
The STBP120 device provides overvoltage protection for input voltage up to +28 V. Its low RDS(on) N-channel MOSFET switch protects the systems connected to the OUT pin against failures of the DC power supplies in accordance with the China MII Communications Standard YD/T 1591-2006.
In the event of an input overvoltage condition, the device immediately disconnects the DC power supply by turning off an internal low RDS(on) N-channel MOSFET to prevent damage to protected systems.
In addition, the device also monitors its own junction temperature and switches off the internal MOSFET if the junction temperature exceeds the specified limit.
The device can be controlled by the microcontroller and can also provide status information about fault conditions.
The STBP120 is offered in a small, RoHS-compliant TDFN 10-lead (2.5 mm x 2 mm) package.
- Input overvoltage protection up to 28 V
- Integrated high voltage N-channel MOSFET switch
- Low RDS(on) of 90 mΩ
- Integrated charge pump
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Softstart feature to control the inrush current
- Enable input (
- Fault indication output (
- IN input ESD withstand voltage up to ±15 kV (air discharge), up to ±8 kV (contact discharge) in typical application circuit with 1 μF input capacitor (±2 kV HBM for standalone device)
- Certain overvoltage options compliant with the China Communications Standard YD/T 1591- 2006 (overvoltage protection only)
- Small, RoHS compliant 2.5 x 2 mm TDFN 10-lead package.
DS6152: Overvoltage protection device with thermal shutdown
AN3050: STBP120 overvoltage protection device
Technical Notes & Articles
TN0941: Reset and supervisor ICs: frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Publications and Collaterals
ST’s solutions for mobile devices
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Operating Temperature (min)||Operating Temperature (max)||Automotive Grade||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|STBP120AVDK6F||Active||TDFN10 2.5x2x0.75||Tape And Reel||_||-||.49|
|STBP120BVDK6F||Active||TDFN10 2.5x2x0.75||Tape And Reel||_||-||.49|
|STBP120CVDK6F||Active||TDFN10 2.5x2x0.75||Tape And Reel||_||-||.49|
|STBP120DVDK6F||Active||TDFN10 2.5x2x0.75||Tape And Reel||_||-||.49|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.