ST’s new family of Masterlux™ ICs includes digital controllers designed for innovative lighting and power conversion applications. Being programmable and embedding fully configurable SMED state machines, Masterlux ICs can be easily adapted to any power conversion topology.
The possibility of embedding a dedicated power conversion algorithm ensures the best possible operating conditions: the conversion efficiency can be easily adapted to the load level to save energy. For lighting, this allows different types of lamp, from HID to LEDs, to be driven with the same controller, each at the best level of performances and efficiency. It includes a full set of protection circuits and communication interfaces. This provides a great gain in terms of design cycle and cost reduction.
Masterlux ICs, whose part numbers start with STLUX, are suitable for a wide range of applications including lighting (LED and street lighting), digital power supply applications, automotive systems and wireless battery chargers.
The first member of the family, STLUX385A, integrates DALI (digital addressable lighting interface) for remote control and monitoring.
Features & benefits
- 6 SMED-controlled PWMs featuring a topology-independent solution
- Integrated DALI enables control, communication and monitoring functions
- Integrated digital core makes masterlux easy to use and program
- New customizable algorithms adapted to the load ensure very high efficiency
- Fault detector improves reliability
- Single-chip solution saves space compared to discrete solutions