ST's class-AB automotive audio amps offer:
- Clean, powerful acoustics
- A wide portfolio, single-channel devices to powerful quad-channel single-chip devices
- Robust designs with integrated protection against short circuits, ESD, load dumping, over-temperature
- Ability to drive very low impedance speakers (as low as 1 Ohm)
- Products compliant with new stop/start engine and hybrid engine standards
- Optional I²C interface and diagnostics
- Optional digital input
- Optional high-efficiency to decrease power consumption
TDA7576B drives high-quality audio for trucks and heavy vehicles
Audio amplifiers used in automotive systems must be designed to withstand the demanding automotive environment, including a high level of electrical noise and the need to provide comprehensive protection against potential hazards such as short circuits, load dumps, and excessive chip temperature. Audio amplifiers for use in 12 V automotive systems have reached a very high level of sophistication, but up till now audio equipment manufacturers have been unable to replicate this performance in 24 V systems without using external components that not only drive up the Bill of Materials cost, but can even compromise safety under certain conditions.
ST’s TDA7576B 24V audio amplifier uniquely solves this problem. It is built in a proven high-volume semiconductor manufacturing technology called BCD5 that allows a single chip to include both the power blocks and the signal management blocks – so there is no need to use a more expensive multi-chip approach - and it can sustain a peak supply voltage of 60 V without any damage. The most powerful audio power amplifier for 24 V systems available on the market, the TDA7576B has been designed with the same guidelines and care that ST uses for car radio audio power amplifiers, so the final user can enjoy the same high-quality audio as car drivers.