STEVAL-IHT001V2Cold thermostat kit based on AC switches and the STM8S
The STEVAL-IHT001V2 thermostat kit provides a robust and low-cost ST solution (microcontroller and AC switches) to control refrigerators, freezers or fridge/freezer combinations.
Basic, defrost, and air circulation versions are configurable in order to address the low-end and medium-end cooling appliances market. It allows the control of a single-phase induction motor and a light bulb, and optionally, a defrost resistor and a fan, working on 220/240 VRMS, 50/60 Hz mains voltage. The thermostat kit is operational with 100/120 V RMS 50/60 Hz but the supply capacitor value must be modified.
The board can operate in an ambient temperature range from 0 °C to 60 °C.
The exact maximum temperature depends on the power of the loads. For demonstrative purposes a graphic user interface (GUI) has been developed.
The connection between the PC and STM8S microcontroller, the MCU performing thermostat regulation, is achieved through a USB bus.
As the STM8S is a low-cost MCU without an embedded USB peripheral, an additional MCU (STM32) has been used as a bridge between the PC and STM8S MCU, for demonstrative purposes only.
- Low-cost solution for spark-free thermostats:
- No need for a sealed version
- Low-cost STM8S microcontroller for thermostat control
- Low-cost capacitive power supply
- High efficiency:
- Refrigerator consumption reduction by adjusting and reducing the hysteresis threshold of the temperature
- Improved efficiency by turning on the defrost resistor only when it's useful and not at each OFF cycle of the compressor (as done in some mechanical thermostats)
- High system immunity:
- Overvoltage protected ACS switches: ACST610-8FP for compressor control, ACS110-7SN for defrost resistor and ACS102-6TA for light bulb and fan
- Class A criteria for IEC 61000-4-4 up to above 3 kV levels
- Development: program setting with PC interface to change firmware variables
- Industrialization: end-of-production MCU programming thanks to FLASH, for soft upgrade and efficient MCU stock management
- RoHS compliant
DB1651: Cold thermostat kit based on AC switches and the STM8S
UM1542: Cold thermostat kit based on AC switches and the STM8S003F3
Board Manufacturing Specification
STEVAL-IHT001V2 gerber files
Bill of Materials
Related Tools and Software
Related Tools and Software
|STSW-IHT001V2||STEVAL-IHT001V2 thermostat setup|
|STSW-STR7045||Production prgramming solutions for STR7 and STR9|
|STSW-STR7051||STR7/STR9 USB developer kit software|
|STSW-STR9002||Interfacing with the STR91x software library using Configuration and Programming Software (CAPS)|
|STSW-STR9006||Using the STR91xFA external memory interface (EMI)|
|STSW-STR9014||Using the STR91xFA DMA controller|
|STSW-STR9015||STR9 in-application Programming using UART|
Evaluation products license agreement
样品 & 购买顶部
|产品型号||Marketing Status||Core Product||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|STEVAL-IHT001V2||Active||ACST610; ACS110; ACS102; STM32F103C6; STM8S103F3||-||221|
(*) 建议零售价格仅用于预算，以美元为单位，每。的报价，以当地货币计算的价格，请联系您当地的 ST 销售办事处 或我们的 分销商
(**) 材料声明表格上提供st.com可以是一般的文件，根据最常用的包，包内的家庭。出于这个原因，他们可能不是100％准确，对于一个特定的设备。请联系我们 销售支持 在特定设备上的信息。