EVL150W-ADP-SR12 V - 150 W resonant converter with synchronous rectification using the L6563H, L6599A, and SRK2000
The EVL150W-ADP-SR demonstration board is composed of two stages: a front-end PFC using the L6563H and an LLC resonant converter based on the L6599A and the SRK2000, controlling the SR MOSFETs on the secondary side. The SR driver and the rectifier MOSFETs are mounted on a daughterboard.
The characteristics of this design are the very high efficiency and the low consumption at light load which make it a viable solution for applications compliant with ENERGY STAR® eligibility criteria (EPA rev. 5.0 COMPUTER and EPA rev. 2.0 EPS). One of the key factors to achieve high efficiency at heavy load is the SRK2000. This synchronous rectification (SR) driver for LLC resonant converters allows a significant decrease of secondary side losses.
Standby consumption is at a lowest thanks to the sleep-in function embedded in the SRK2000 and the high voltage startup circuit integrated in the
L6563H. The possibility of driving the PFC burst mode via the L6599A PFC_STOP pin dramatically boosts light load efficiency.
Additionally, a secondary sensing circuit dedicated to driving into burst mode the primary controller reduces deviation of light load efficiency against resonant circuit parameter spread, improving the repeatability of the design in production volumes.
- Universal input mains range: 90 to 264 Vac - frequency 45 to 65 Hz
- Output voltage: 12 V at 12.5 A continuous operation
- Mains harmonics: acc. to EN61000-3-2 class-D or JEITA-MITI class-D
- Standby mains consumption: <0.2 W at 230 Vac
- Efficiency at nominal load: better than 91% at 115 Vac
- EMI: according to EN55022-class-B
- Safety: according to EN60950
- Dimensions: 65x154 mm, 28 mm component maximum height
- PCB: double side, 70 μm, FR-4, mixed PTH/SMT
DB1530: 12 V - 150 W resonant converter with synchronous rectification using the L6563H, L6599A and SRK2000
Board Manufacturing Specification
Gerber files for EVL150W-ADP-SR
Bill of Materials