ST offers flexible, scalable and future-proof power-line communication system-on-chip platforms to effectively address demanding smart-metering and smart-grid application requirements and related communication standards. Integrating the analog front-end (AFE) and power-line driver in a single package, ST’s power-line transceivers reduce development costs and time.
ST’s PLC portfolio ranges from highly cost-effective and simple FSK transceivers, such as the ST7540 and ST7538Q, to the most advanced and integrated STarGRID® SoC platforms (ST7570, ST7580, ST7590), which provide high performance and multiple turnkey protocol implementations.
ST is actively committed in all major PLC standard definition organizations and industrial alliances and projects defining open communication protocol standards for smart grid applications, including OPEN meter project, Meters and More Association, PRIME Alliance, PLC-G3 Alliance, HomePlug Alliance and several other working groups inside the IEEE, ITU and IEC organizations).
STCOMET Smart Metering system-on-chip
This multi-core SoC with FLASH memory is a true smart-meter on-a-chip and embeds all the functions required to build future-proof, high-performance electricity meters for smart grid:
- in-field programmable modem capable to handle primary narrow band Power Line Communication (PLC) standards protocol like, for example, PRIME 1.36 and 1.4, PLC- G3, S-FSK IEC61 334-5-1, METERS AND MORE®, and IEEE 1901.2.
- an RX-TX analog front-end with ADC/DAC and power amplifier for direct connection to the external coupling network for EN50065, FCC, or ARIB compliant designs
- independent three channel metrology analog front-end and hard-wired DSP for high-accuracy energy measurement suitable for EN 50470-1, EN 50470-3, IEC 62053-21, IEC 62053-22 and IEC 62053-23 class1, class0.5 and class0.2 AC compliant applications
STCOMET comes with a complete suite of tools including
- evaluation and development boards and reference designs,
- certified power line communication protocol stacks FW libraries
- SW integration tool-chain to ensure the shortest path from evaluation to prototyping and certification to mass production. Learn more