Photovoltaic Microinverter - Grid Connected
The microinverter-based architecture is composed of two main functional blocks connected as shown in the picture.
- The microinverter implements, at panel level, the power conversion stages (DC-DC with MPPT and DC-AC), the communication capability and the connection to the AC grid. In this way, each panel is connected in parallel directly to the AC grid.
- The data concentrator collects the data (voltage value, current value, etc.) from all the microinverters and sends it to a local or remote monitoring and control access point.
This architecture has the following benefits:
- more energy production: the MPPT at panel level maximizes system energy production
- communication and monitoring capabilities at panel level
- more flexibility: the installed capacity can be expanded over the time
- the best reliability: the failure of one microinverter does not compromise system energy production
The block diagram will help you make the right choice for each functional block from a wide range of recommended products.
AN3392: Designing with the SPV1020, an interleaved boost converter with MPPT algorithm
AN4068: ST7580 power line communication system-on-chip design guide
Presentations & Training Material
ST products and solutions for solar energy
Publications and Collaterals
Products and solutions for solar energy