STM32F4 series of high-performance MCUs with DSP and FPU instructions
The ARM® Cortex®-M4-based STM32F4 series MCUs leverage ST’s NVM technology and ST’s ART Accelerator™ to reach the industry’s highest benchmark scores for Cortex-M-based microcontrollers with up to 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark executing from Flash memory at up to 180 MHz operating frequency.
With dynamic power scaling, the current consumption running from Flash ranges from 100 µA/MHz on the STM32F411 up to 260 µA/MHz on the STM32F439.
The STM32F4 series consists of eight compatible product lines of digital signal controllers (DSC), a perfect symbiosis of the real-time control capabilities of an MCU and the signal processing performance of a DSP:-
- STM32F401 – 84 MHz CPU/105 DMIPS, the smallest, cost-effective solution with outstanding power efficiency (Dynamic Efficiency Line)
- STM32F411 – 100 MHz CPU/125 DMIPS, outstanding power efficiency with large SRAM and new smart DMA optimizing power consumption for data batching (Dynamic Efficiency Line with Batch Acquisition Mode)
- STM32F446 – 180 MHz/225 DMIPS, up to 512 Kbytes of Flash with dual Quad SPI and SDRAM interfaces
- STM32F405/415 – 168 MHz CPU/210 DMIPS, up to 1 Mbyte of Flash with advanced connectivity and encryption
- STM32F407/417 – 168 MHz CPU/210 DMIPS, up to 1 Mbyte of Flash adding Ethernet MAC and camera interface
- STM32F427/437 – 180 MHz CPU/225 DMIPS, up to 2 Mbytes of dual-bank Flash with SDRAM interface, Chrom-ART Accelerator™, serial audio interface, more performance and lower static power consumption
- STM32F429/439 – 180 MHz CPU/225 DMIPS, up to 2 Mbytes of dual-bank Flash with SDRAM interface, Chrom-ART Accelerator™ and LCD-TFT controller
- STM32F469/479 – 180 MHz CPU/225 DMIPS, up to 2 Mbytes of dual-bank Flash with SDRAM and QSPI interface, Chrom-ART Accelerator™, LCD-TFT controller and MPI-DSI interface
STM32F411- Dynamic Efficiency MCUs even more efficient
The STM32F411 is a new STM32 Dynamic Efficiency™ microcontroller, bringing power efficiency to a new level.
- 100 MHz/125 DMIPS
- 100 µA/MHz
- 512 Kbytes of Flash and 128 Kbytes of RAM
- Package smaller than 10 mm²
- Smart connectivity
The devices are equipped with a specific DMA peripheral, which can copy data from communication interfaces or A/D converters to the memory, while the CPU and Flash are off. This allows implementing a batch acquisition mode, with significantly reduced power consumption.