SR31Z052ST31 Dual Interface ARM SC000 Secure Microcontroller with 52 Kbytes EEPROM, enhanced security , Nescrypt cryptoprocessor, RF Type A,B,B'
Designed for secure ID and banking applications, the SR31Z052 is a serial access microcontroller that incorporates the most recent generation of ARM processors for embedded secure systems. Its SecurCore® SC000™ 32-bit RISC core is built on the Cortex™ M0 core with additional security features to help to protect against advanced forms of attacks.
Cadenced at 28 MHz, the SC000™ core brings great performance and excellent code density thanks to the Thumb®-2 instruction set.
MR31 and MG31 devices implement MIFARE DESFire™ EV1 or MIFARE Plus™ (including MIFARE Classic™) technology. MIFARE and DESFire are registered trademarks of NXP B.V. in the U.S. and other jurisdictions, and are used under licence.
An RF interface including an RF universal asynchronous receiver (RF UART) enables contactless communication up to 848 Kbps compatible with the ISO/IEC 14443 Type A and Type B standards.
Very High Bit Rates (VHBR) up to 3.4 Mbps are possible in Type B frames.
A Simultaneous mode where contactless communication can be enabled while the device is in Contact mode is also available.
The SR31Z052 also offers a serial communication interface fully compatible with the ISO/IEC 7816-3 standard (T=0, T=1).
Two 16-bit general-purpose timers are available; one is configurable as a watchdog.
The SR31Z052 features hardware accelerators for advanced cryptographic functions. The AES accelerator provides a high-performance implementation of AES-128, AES-192, AES-256 algorithms. The 3-key Triple DES accelerator (EDES+) peripheral enables Cipher Block Chaining (CBC) mode, fast DES and triple DES computation based on three key registers and one data register, while the NESCRYPT crypto-processor efficiently supports the public key algorithm with native operations up to 4096 bits long.
The SR31Z family operates in the –25 to +85°C temperature range, at 1.8V, 3V and 5V supply voltage ranges in Contact mode and complies with ISO/IEC 14443 specification limits. A comprehensive range of power-saving modes enables the design of efficient low-power and contactless applications.
- Hardware features
- ARM® SecurCore® SC000™ 32-bit RISC core
- 320 Kbytes of User ROM
- 8 Kbytes of User RAM
- 52 Kbytes of User EEPROM including 128 Bytes of User OTP area:
- 30-year data retention at 25°C
- 500,000 Erase/Write cycles enduranceat 25°C
- 1 to 64-byte Erase or Program in 1.5 ms
- Operating temperature: –25°C to +85° C(see restricted test conditions)
- Two 16-bit timers with interrupt and watchdog capabilities
- 1.62 V to 5.5 V supply voltages
- External clock frequency up to 10 MHz
- CPU clock frequency up to 28 MHz
- Power-saving Standby state
- Contact assignment compatible with ISO/IEC 7816-3 standards
- Asynchronous receiver transmitter (IART) for high speed serial data support (ISO/IEC 7816-3 T=0/T=1 and EMV compliant)
- ESD protection greater than 5 kV (HBM)
- Contactless features
- Complies with ISO/IEC 14443 Type A, Band B’, and PayPass™ standards
- Automatic frequency adaptation for optimum power consumption
- 13.56 MHz carrier frequency
- RF frame up to 4 Kbytes
- RFUART (RF universal asynchronous receiver transmitter) up to 848 Kbps
- Very High Bit Rate (VHBR) up to 3.4 Mbps in Type B
- Simultaneous mode (Contact and contactless)
- 4 Kbytes dedicated RFUART RAM
- MIFARE Plus™ and MIFARE DESFire™ EV1 HW and SW implementation
- MIFARE Classic™ available as part of MIFARE Plus™
- Security features
- Active shield
- Monitoring of environmental parameters
- Three-key Triple DES accelerator
- AES accelerator
- AIS-31 Class P2 compliant true random number generator (TRNG)
- NESCRYPT coprocessor for public key cryptography algorithm
- ISO/IEC 13239 CRC calculation block
- Unique serial number on each die
- Protection against multiple attacks
DB1603: Secure dual interface microcontroller with enhanced security and 52 Kbytes of EEPROM
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|SR31Z052||Active||DICE||Not Applicable||-||No availability reported, please contact our Sales office||N/A||-|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.