TS4962M3 W filter-free class D audio power amplifier
The TS4962M is a differential Class-D BTL power amplifier. It is able to drive up to 2.3W into a 4Ω load and 1.4W into a 8Ω load at 5V. It achieves outstanding efficiency (88%typ.) compared to classical Class-AB audio amps.
The gain of the device can be controlled via two external gain-setting resistors. Pop & click reduction circuitry provides low on/off switch noise while allowing the device to start within 5ms. A standby function (active low) allows the reduction of current consumption to 10nA typ.
- Operating from VCC= 2.4V to 5.5V
- Standby mode active low
- Output power: 3W into 4Ω and 1.75W into 8Ω with 10% THD+N max and 5V power supply.
- Output power: 2.3W @5V or 0.75W @ 3.0V into 4Ω with 1% THD+N max.
- Output power: 1.4W @5V or 0.45W @ 3.0V into 8Ω with 1% THD+N max.
- Adjustable gain via external resistors
- Low current consumption 2mA @ 3V
- Efficiency: 88% typ.
- Signal to noise ratio: 85dB typ.
- PSRR: 63dB typ. @217Hz with 6dB gain
- PWM base frequency: 250kHz
- Low pop & click noise
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Available in flip-chip 9 x 300μm (Pb-free)
DS4436: 3W filter-free class D audio power amplifier
Presentations & Training Material
ST offering in Wearable - Analog and Mixed Signal Portfolio
Publications and Collaterals
ST’s solutions for mobile devices
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Operating Temperature (min)||Operating Temperature (max)||Automotive Grade||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|TS4962MEIJT||Active||Flip-Chip 500u||Tape And Reel||-40||85||_||-||.321|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.