SEA05LAdvanced constant voltage and constant current controller with very efficient LED pilot-lamp driver
The device is a highly integrated solution for SMPS applications, with an LED pilot-lamp requiring a dual control loop to perform CV (constant voltage) and CC (constant current) regulation.
The IC allows very efficient LED pilot-lamp driving which helps to reduce the standby consumption of the SMPS. It integrates a voltage reference, two op-amps (with OR-ed open-drain outputs), a low-side current sensing circuit and an LED pilot-lamp driver pin implemented with an open-drain mosfet driven by square waveform with 12.5% duty cycle at 1 kHz that allows reducing LED consumption.
The voltage reference, along with one op-amp, is the core of the voltage control loop. The current sensing circuit and the other op-amp make up the current control loop.
The external components needed to complete the two control loops are:
- a resistor divider that senses the output of the power supply and fixes the voltage regulation setpoint at the specified value
- a sense resistor that feeds the current sensing circuit with a voltage proportional to the DC output current; this resistor determines the current regulation setpoint and must be adequately rated in terms of power dissipation
- the frequency compensation components (R-C networks) for both loops.
The device is ideal for space-critical applications.
- Constant voltage and constant current control
- Very efficient LED pilot-lamp driver
- Wide operating VCCrange (3.5 V - 36 V)
- Low quiescent consumption: 250 μA
- Voltage reference: 2.5 V
- Voltage control loop accuracy ± 0.5%
- Current sense threshold: 50 mV
- Current control loop accuracy ± 4%
- Low external component count
- Open-drain output stage
- SOT23-6L package
DS7102: Advanced constant voltage and constant current controller with very efficient LED pilot-lamp driver
Technical Notes & Articles
TA0308: Reducing the total no-load power consumption of battery chargers and adapter applications
Related Tools and Software
Related Tools and Software
|EVL6566B-65W-SR||12 V - 65 W FF flyback adapter with synchronous rectification featuring L6566B, STSR30 and SEA05L|
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Operating Temperature (min)||Operating Temperature (max)||Reference Voltage (nom)||Automotive Grade||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|SEA05LTR||Active||SOT23-6L||Tape And Reel||-40||150||2.5||_||.222|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.