E-fuses are electronic fuses that can replace larger conventional fuses or other protection devices such as Transils or diodes, reducing ownership costs in production and in the field.
Unlike fuses, they offer complete and flexible management of the fault, without requiring replacement after actuation. They thus help to improve equipment uptime and availability and also reduce maintenance costs and false returns.
E-fuse major features
- Enable/fault functions
- Programmable overcurrent and overvoltage protection
- Programmable start-up time
E-fuses major benefits
- High reliability
- Zero false returns from the field
- Significantly reduced maintenance costs
- High flexibility
- HDD/SSD arrays and servers
- Home and portable appliances with external power supplies (STB, modem routers, network attached storage, tablets, cordless phones, etc.)
- White-goods user interfaces and control logic
- Industrial and network hot-swap boards