TDA7802Low voltage operation, digital input (I2S), improved high efficiency (class SB-I) quad BTL output power amplifier with full I2C diagnostics
The TDA7802 is a single chip quad bridge amplifier in advanced BCD technology integrating: a full D/A converter, digital input for direct connection to I2S (or TDM) and powerful MOSFET output stages.
The integrated D/A converter allows the performance to reach an outstanding 115 dB S/N ratio with more than 110 dB of dynamic range.
Moreover the TDA7802 integrates an innovative high efficiency concept, optimized also for uncorrelated music signals, that makes it the most suitable device to simplify the thermal management in high power sets.
Thanks to this concept, the dissipated outputpower under average listening conditions can be reduced up to 50% when compared to the conventional class AB solutions.
The TDA7802 integrates also a programmable PLL that is able to lock at the input frequencies of 64*Fs and 50*Fs for all the input configurations.
The device is equipped with a full diagnostics array that communicates the status of each speaker through the I2C bus. The same I2C bus allows to control several configurations of the device.
The TDA7802 is able to play music down to 6 V supply voltage - so it is compatible with the so called 'start stop' battery profile recently adopted by several car makers (thus reducing the fuel consumption and and the impact over the environment).
- 24-bit resolution
- 110 dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
- SB-I (SB - improved) high efficiency operation the highest ’non - class D’ efficiency
- 1 Ohm driving capability (only in PowerSO36 package)
- High output power capability:4 x 28 W 4 Ω @ 14.4 V, 1 kHz, THD = 10 %
- Max output power: 4 x 72 W 2 Ω
- Flexible mode control:
- Full I2C bus driving 1.8V/3.3V) with four addresses selectable (only for PowerSO36 package option)
- Independent front/rear play/ mute
- Four selectable gains for very-low noise line-out function
- Digital diagnostic with DC and AC load detections
- Optional H/W control (no I2C bus)
- Start-stop compatibility (operation down to 6V)
- Sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz,192 kHz
- Flexible serial data port (1.8 V / 3.3 V):
- I2S standard, TDM 4Ch, TDM 8Ch, TDM 16Ch
- Offset detector (play or mute mode)
- Independent front/rear clipping detector
- Programmable diagnostic pin
- CMOS compatible enable pin
- Thermal protection
DB1995: High efficiency digital input quad power amplifier with built-in diagnostics features, 'start stop' compatible
Publications and Collaterals
Car-audio power amplifiers
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Operating Temperature (min)||Operating Temperature (max)||Automotive Grade||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|TDA7802||Active||FLEXIWATT FM2 27||Tube||-40||105||Yes||-||7.5|
|TDA7802PD||Active||PowerSO 36||Tube||-40||105||Yes||-||7||No availability reported, please contact our Sales office||Ecopack2||PDF|
|TDA7802PDTR||Active||PowerSO 36||Tape And Reel||-40||105||Yes||-||7||No availability reported, please contact our Sales office||Ecopack2||PDF|
|TDA7802SMTR||Active||OUTLINE FW 27 SMD||Tape And Reel||-40||105||Yes||-||No availability reported, please contact our Sales office||Ecopack2||-|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.