ST’s smart reset ICs extend the functional capacity of existing buttons so that users can reset their frozen device with a long push of one or two buttons simultaneously. These devices integrate several useful features, such as:
- No need for a specific reset button – an existing button or combination of buttons can be used
- Customizable input delay time from 5 to 10 second, that ensures that inadvertent, short activation of the button(s) do not cause a system reset
- Choice of a single button or two simultaneous buttons to signal a reset
- Support for applications where the battery is unremovable
- Very small packages (DFN and UDFN) for minimal impact on board size
STM6519-STM6524: a new generation of Smart Reset™ chips
Smart Reset™ ICs allow you to reset a frozen or locked up electronic device without having to remove the battery or access a dedicated reset button by extending the functional capability of the existing buttons. Users can simply reset their frozen device with a long push of one (STM6519) or two (STM6524) buttons simultaneously, depending on the device configuration. With a programmable delay to avoid accidental resets, these ICs save space and cost for equipment manufacturers, and significantly increase convenience for the user.