ST offers a complete portfolio of Metering ICs for highly-accurate direct instantaneous measurements of current and voltage and calculated – by the embedded powerful hard-wired Digital Signal Processor (DSP) engine - values for RMS current and voltage as well as active energy (kWh), apparent energy (kVA), reactive energy (kVAR). Primarily designed for electronic energy meters complying with IEC 62052-11/62053-21/62053-22/62053-23, ANSI C12.1-2001/ C12.10-1997/C12.20-2002 standards, our range is suitable for single and multiphase applications based on most commonly used current sensing technologies including current transformer, shunt resistors and Rogowski coil. Thanks to the high accuracy, modularity and integration level, STPM devices can find place in a range of application where accurate power/energy measurement are demanded including ambient/street lighting control systems, smart plugs, domestic appliances power meter, server power monitoring, photovoltaic inverters and micro-inverters and electric vehicles charging stations.
STPM3 devices offer a modular solution with a different combination of:
- current measurement channels made up of a programmable gain low noise amplifier followed by a 24bits, 2nd order Sigma-Delta analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and
- voltage measurement channels –based on 24 bits, 2nd order sigma-delta ADC.
- less than 0.1% error over 5000: 1 dynamic range or less than 0.5% error over 10000: 1 dynamic range for active power measurement
- less than 0.1% error over 2000:1 dynamic range for reactive power
- both an SPI and a UART interface for the connection to the host microcontroller
- 1 current and 1 voltage independent acquisition and conversion channels
- evaluation environment: EVALSTPM32
- 2 current and 1 voltage channel
- evaluation environment: EVALSTPM33
- 2 current and 2 voltage channels
- evaluation environment: EVALSTPM34.
They can be used alone or in combination to build single or multi-phase energy meter.