STTS75Digital temperature sensor and thermal watchdog
The STTS75 is a high-precision CMOS (digital) temperature sensor IC with a delta-sigma analog-to-digital (ADC) converter and an I2C-compatible serial digital interface. It is targeted for general applications such as personal computers, system thermal management, electronics equipment, and industrial controllers, and is packaged in the industry standard 8-lead MSOP(TSSOP) and SO8 packages.
The device contains a band gap temperature sensor and programmable 9- to 12-bit ADC which monitor and digitize the temperature to a resolution up to 0.0625 °C. The STTS75 is typically accurate to (±3 °C - max) over the full temperature measurement range of –55 °C to 125 °C with ±2 °C accuracy in the –25 °C to +100 °C range. At power-up, the STTS75 defaults to 9-bit resolution for software compatibility with the STLM75.
The STTS75 is specified for operating at supply voltages from 2.7 V to 5.5 V. Operating at 3.3 V, the supply current is typically (75 μA).
The onboard delta-sigma analog-to-digital converter (ADC) converts the measured temperature to a digital value that is calibrated in °C; for Fahrenheit applications a lookup table or conversion routine is required.
The STTS75 is factory-calibrated and requires no external components to measure temperature.
- Measures temperatures from –55 °C to +125 °C (–67 °F to +257 °F)
- ±0.5 °C (typ) accuracy
- ±2 °C (max) accuracy from –25 °C to +100 °C
- Low operating current: 75 μA (typ)
- No external components required
- 2-wire I2C/SMBus-compatible serial interface
- Selectable serial bus address allows connection of up to eight devices on the same bus
- Thermometer resolution is user-configurable from 9 (default) to 12 bits (0.5 °C to 0.0625 °C)
- 9-bit conversion time is 45 ms (typ)
- Programmable temperature threshold and hysteresis set points
- Wide power supply range-operating voltage range: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Power saving one-shot temperature measurement
- Power-up defaults permit standalone operation as thermostat
- Shutdown mode to minimize power consumption
- Separate open drain output pin operates as an interrupt or comparator/thermostat output (dual purpose event pin)
- MSOP8 (TSSOP8)
DS5157: Digital temperature sensor and thermal watchdog
Related Tools and Software
Related Tools and Software
|STEVAL-IFS017V1||Multiple-device temperature sensor and RTC demonstration board based on the STM32|
Publications and Collaterals
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Operating Temperature (min)||Operating Temperature (max)||Automotive Grade||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|STTS75DS2F||Active||MSOP/TSSOP 8||Tape And Reel||-55||125||_||-|
|STTS75M2F||Active||SO-8||Tape And Reel||-55||125||_||-|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.