VND7020AJ-EDouble channel high-side driver with MultiSense analog feedback for automotive applications
The VND7020AJ-E is a double channel high-side driver manufactured using ST proprietary VIPower®M0-7 technology and housed in PowerSSO-16 package. The device is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads through a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface, providing protection and diagnostics.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown with configurable latch-off.
A FaultRST pin unlatches the output in case of fault or disables the latch-off functionality.
A dedicated multifunction multiplexed analog output pin delivers sophisticated diagnostic functions including high precision proportional load current sense, supply voltage feedback and chip temperature sense, in addition to the detection of overload and short circuit to ground, short to VCCand OFF-state open-load.
A sense enable pin allows OFF-state diagnosis to be disabled during the module low-power mode as well as external sense resistor sharing among similar devices.
- Double channel smart high side driver with MultiSense analog feedback
- Very low standby current
- Compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs
- MultiSense diagnostic functions
- Multiplexed analog feedback of: load current with high precision proportional current mirror, VCCsupply voltage and TCHIPdevice temperature
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- OFF-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCCdetection
- Sense enable/disable
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Configurable latch-off on overtemperature or power limitation with dedicated fault reset pin
- Loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Reverse battery with external components
- Electrostatic discharge protection
DS7213: Double channel high-side driver with MultiSense analog feedback for automotive applications
UM1693: VIPower® M0-7 standard high-side drivers hardware design guide
HW Model & CAD Libraries
HW Model & CAD Libraries
VND7020AJ-E OrCAD model v4.1
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Operating Temperature (min)||Automotive Grade||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|VND7020AJ-E||NRND||PowerSSO 16||Tube||Yes||-||1.214||No availability reported, please contact our Sales office||Ecopack2||PDF|
|VND7020AJTR-E||NRND||PowerSSO 16||Tape And Reel||Yes||-||1.214|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.