STEVAL-IFP005V2High side driver demonstration board based on the VN751PT
The purpose of this design is to demonstrate the features of the VN751PT high-side driver.
The application offers robustness and complies with EMC industrial standards.
It implements short-circuit/overload protection and thermal management as well, achieving best in class MTBF values.
The reference design is suitable for use in programmable logic controllers (PLCs) as well as to drive generic loads which require up to 2.5 A of nominal current (the typical current limitation is 4.5 - 5 A).
Thanks to the very low RDSon (only 60 mO Typ. @ 25 °C) the device allows very low power consumption during the operation and for this reason it represent an ideal solution for IP65 / IP67 requirements. The device is compliant with IEC 61131-2 (programmable controllers international standard).
- 3 independent application programs
Hand dryer with infrared sensor and T1235H-6T switch Bathroom fan with humidity sensor and ACS108 switch Multi-entrance room controller with push button and BTB08-600SW switch
- Two potentiometers for setting sensor sensitivity and TRIAC turn-off delay
- Capacitive power supply (680 nF capacitor EPCOS B32923C3684
5 V ±10% Average output current: 16 mA Standby power losses < 0.3 W @ 230 V
- Program selector (U2)
- ICC connector for software adjustment
- Free development area with hole matrix available for application breadboard adaptation
- Overvoltage protection is not implemented on the board but some solder pads are available to implement it in two different ways:
- Varistor addition between mains voltage
- Transil addition between TRIAC A2-G terminals
- RoHS compliant
DB0862: High side driver demonstration board based on the VN751PT
Board Manufacturing Specification
Gerber files for STEVAL-IFP005V2 board
Bill of Materials
BOM for STEVAL-IFP005V2 board
Board schematics for STEVAL-IFP005V2 board
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Core Product||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.